Participation slips due Friday, April 14, 201
Dear Parents/Guardians of the 3rd Grade Children,
On Saturday, May 6, 2017 the students will be performing their May Day Dance. They have been working hard and spending a great deal of time rehearsing with their partners. The children are excited about the upcoming performance.
In order for the children to be well prepared for the dances they will need to bring in the following items by Monday, May 1 to their classroom teacher.
• WHITE SHIRT-tennis shirt or button up dress shirt – WITH NO PRINT
• DARK PANTS
• SHOES (dark sneakers, preferably)
• **SASH and SCARF** This is the boys’ May Day Costume.
• Please WASH and IRON the sash. Sash will be collected after the dance.
• WHITE SHIRT – WITH NO PRINT
• WHITE SOCKS
• WHITE TENNIS SHOES (Sneakers, preferably)
• WHITE TIGHTS, KNEE SOCKS, OR ANKLE SOCKS
• SHORTS (light colored shorts should be worn under the skirt)
• **SKIRT and SCARF** This is the girls’ May Day Costume.
• PLEASE WASH and IRON the skirt. Skirts will be collected after the dance.
**All CLOTHING should be on a HANGER LABELED clearly with the CHILD’S NAME and shoes should be in a bag clearly labeled with the child’s name.**
Schedule for MAY DAY
Immediately following the PARADE:
• 3rd graders report to their classrooms. (Around 10:30/11:00 am)
• Get dressed in costumes.
• Ceremony starts – 3rd graders present their song/dances.
• Upon completion of their performance:
The children will go to the 3rd grade rooms, change, and must take ALL of their belongings, as the rooms will be locked.
• Please pick your kids up at the 3rd grade rooms